Date: February 7 2022
Function type: Engineering
Proton Ventures is looking for a Technical Manager! Are you the technical experienced (ammonia) colleague we are looking for?
Who we are
Proton Ventures delivers innovative green engineering and turnkey solutions for world-scale storage terminals, ammonia production units and other process applications. We develop green projects and infrastructure supporting the transition to an emission-free ammonia and hydrogen industry. From concept to operational facilities, Proton Ventures offers consultancy support, project development management, feasibility study and FEED study engineering services, up to and including the actual EPC works. All this relies on strong and lasting relationships with all stakeholders in the field of (green ) ammonia. The success is based on all people involved working together.
Let’s work together towards a decarbonized energy and chemical world !
Your part in our journey
As Technical Manager you guide and support the engineering and commercial teams by advising on the best technologies and design to adopt in all the activities and projects which are executed.
You are also the point of contact for the complex problems arising within our technical teams. As Technical Manger you are responsible for making decisions for technical issues arising in the different project executed. You make these decisions after carefully considering all parties and all relevant factors: from cost to quality.
Finally, you ensure application of a safe rigorous and disciplined approach to all engineering work processes supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
Technical manager at Proton Ventures
As a Technical manager at Proton Ventures your role is at the heart of our engineering team in our company. Together with the Project Manager you are managing the green ammonia production EPC project, coordinating and approving the technical deliverables, the subcontractors and the execution works and assuring the highest quality technical standards and practices are applied.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for safe and efficient execution of technical- and engineering activities;
- Promoting risk based thinking in all engineering and business processes;
- Provide support for technically difficult and challenging projects;
- Responsible for implementation and acceptance of best engineering practices in design;
- Ensuring all hazard analysis on modifications are executed against right standards;
- Supporting safe, efficient and effective execution of projects and change proposals;
- Develop people and enables their results;
- Supporting in developing and implementing a variety of work processes and procedures, to ensure that the work efficiency of the engineering team and insure its quality standards;
- Leading continuous improvement in engineering department;
- Assessing the technical feasibility of a project.
The person we are looking for
The best combination of experiences, skills and background for this vacancy is:
- BSc/MSc. Degree, preferably in Chemical or Process Engineering;
- Minimum 10 years of experience of process plant engineering, development, operations or maintenance;
- Strong knowledge of various engineering discipline mechanical, piping, E&I, control or HSE;
- Knowledge of international standards applicable to the chemical and processing industry, such as API, ISO, ASME, IEC, PGS, etc…;
- Experience in start-up & commissioning;
- Co-operation and influencing skills enabling successful working with multiple stakeholders during different phases of the project;
- Innovative mindset to approach challenges from different angles and being creative in coming up with solutions;
- Ability to speak and write in English at a professional level;
- VCA-VOL is a plus;
- Experience with ammonia is a plus.
And finally, you want to learn and aspire a career in renewable energy.
What we can offer you
As an independent company within the Koolen Industries Group, Proton Ventures offers an environment with a lot of freedom and independence, in which you and your colleagues work towards shared goals. Our employees are important to us as individuals and team players, using technology to achieve results for, by and with people. As colleagues, we are uncompromising in our willingness to collaborate and support one another. We share responsibility at all levels to ensure our company’s success.
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy and do you meet the requirements? Click on the button ‘Apply now’ and maybe we drink a (digital) coffee together soon!
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated