Junior Sales Engineer
Date: November 5 2022
Contract hours: 32-40
Function type: sales
Proton Ventures is hiring
Proton Ventures is looking for a Junior Sales Engineer! Are you the hand-on Junior Sales Engineer with knowledge of the market we are looking for?
Who we are
Proton Ventures delivers innovative green engineering and turnkey solutions for world-scale storage terminals, ammonia production units and other process applications. We develop green projects and infrastructure supporting the transition to an emission-free ammonia and hydrogen industry. From concept to operational facilities, Proton Ventures offers consultancy support, project development management, feasibility study and FEED study engineering services, up to and including the actual EPC works. All this relies on strong and lasting relationships with all stakeholders in the field of (green) ammonia. The success is based on all people involved working together.
Let’s work together towards a decarbonised agricultural, energy and chemical world!
Your part in our journey
As a junior sales engineer, you take care of sales prospects and business development leads as well as existing clients. You hand over successful proposals that resulted in contracts – both dedicated Proton Ventures proposals and partnerships with external (consortium) parties – to the project execution team(s).
Sales engineer at Proton Ventures
- Provide thoroughly researched project offers, determine and specify the contracts’s scope of supply if there is no RfQ/RfP (project specifications) documentation from the client, complete with adequate pricing
- Obtain quotes and offers from vendors with the correct scope of supply and exclusions, on behalf of your project offers
- Obtain contracts for (engineering) studies and execution of works (EPC) (in accordance with KPIs)
- Ensure that potential clients/stakeholders are satisfied with our communication and service, even if we cannot help them
- Improve and monitor the quality of documentation and communication, both internally and with the rest of the world
- Ensure handling of incoming prospects/requests
Represent our business
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Acting as our point of contact with (prospective) clients and preparing proposals, quotes and associated documentation
- Performing preliminary design assessments for clients/stakeholders (definition of scope of supply), including high-level determination of CapEx + OpEx (including power and gas consumption, etc.)
- Conducting detailed discussions with suppliers & preparation of (engineering) documentation (PFDs, requisition documents) for suppliers, allowing them to prepare contract offers
- Acting as our point of contact with other stakeholders interested in ammonia and ammonia-related activities/systems, such as vendors, business partners, institutes, people interested in the role of ammonia
- Providing assistance during project execution
- Taking responsibility for the standardization of sales documentation and worksheets
- Providing support to colleagues and/or for company development.
The person we are looking for
- A completed HBO or WO education with technical affinity
- You work accurately and you have good communication skills. You like to sit down with both contractors and customers.
- You are a connector and a team player with a creative problem-solving ability.
- English proficiency: speak and write English at the academic level
- You must be willing to travel internationally
What we can offer you
As an independent company within the Koolen Industries Group, Proton Ventures offers an environment with a lot of freedom and independence, in which you and your colleagues work towards shared goals. Our employees are important to us as individuals and team players, using technology to achieve results for, by and with people. As colleagues, we are uncompromising in our willingness to collaborate and support one another. We share responsibility at all levels to ensure our company’s success.
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy and do you meet the requirements? Click on the button ‘Apply now’ and maybe we drink a (digital) coffee together soon!
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated