Senior Project / Strategic Buyer
Date: March 13 2023
Contract hours: 32-40
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /data/sites/web/protonventurescom/www/wp-content/themes/flatsome-child/single-vacancy.php on line 38
Proton Ventures is hiring
Proton Ventures is looking for a Senior Project Procurement Professional to work on the purchasing processes for our (Green) Ammonia projects. Are you looking for a new challenge at a young scale-up? Do you want to contribute together with us to a greener future? You will be responsible for delivering financial value through sourcing strategies, managing supplier base, and developing strategic actions to improve total costs for our (Green) Ammonia projects we build worldwide.
What are you going to do?
In this role, the Senior Project / Strategic Buyer is the primary focal point providing continuity and coordination between Owners, Capex Projects and Suppliers & Subcontractors on all procurement matters for our (Green) Ammonia projects. The Senior Project / Strategic Buyer will work under functional direction of the Procurement Manager
This role includes:
- Have at least 7+ years’ experience ideally in construction, industrial projects preferably from the (petro)chemical or renewable environment;
- Procurement and/or Contracting experience in EPC type of Projects setting;
- Experience across multiple functions and stakeholders (engineering, project management, legal, finance, suppliers / sub-contractors and clients);
- Early Project involvement to support proposals, prepare the overall contracting and procurement plan and prepare project procurement set-up, etc.;
- Develops a relationship with qualified equipment suppliers, construction contractors, and design/engineering firms.
- Manages Pre-Award and Post Award process for smaller scale projects and activities for RFQs, RFPs, receiving and evaluating bid documents in a fair and ethical manner in a cross-functional team in close co-operation with the Project Manager for the technical evaluation, contract negotiations and changes and work on all aspects of a contract
- Review and evaluation of bids and quotations, prepare bid summaries and write recommendation;
- Preparation and review of industry related contracts (major equipment, sub-contracting, frame work agreements, etc.) and experienced in negotiation of contract terms and conditions, ensure effective contracts preparation, implementation, execution and closures of the contracts;
Be proactive with suppliers and contractors to ensure contract compliance, generation of progress, schedules, status reporting, invoices and supporting documents in a timely manner;
- Provide support to project managers on contractual claims and disputes;
- Evaluating / organizing contractor and supplier performance at intermediate milestones and at contract completion and follow-up;
- Assist with development and implementation of Procurement / Contract management practices and procedures.
Who you are?
The best combination of experiences, skills and background for this vacancy is:
- Have a relevant degree (minimum HBO) such as Engineering or Business or equivalent work experience; a (Project) Procurement Management certification (CPIM, Nevi 2) is considered a plus;
- A hands-on, flexible and business minded mentality;
- Market knowledge related to the industry and understanding;
- Strong commercial acumen;
- Must be able to multi-task; utilize problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, clients and third parties;
- Able to work independently and duly manage your workload and priorities;
- Excellent analytical skills and written communication is one of your strong points;
- Fluent verbal and written communications in the English Language.
What we offer you!
As an independent company within the Koolen Industries Group, Proton Ventures offers an environment in which you and different types of people from different cultures work towards shared goals. Our employees are important to us as individuals and team players, using technology to achieve results for, by and with people. As colleagues, we are uncompromising in our willingness to collaborate and support one another. We share responsibility at all levels to ensure our company’s success.
Proton Ventures offers you the opportunity to grow, evolve and collaborate in making our energy and fertilizer industries more sustainable.
Would you like to know more about the vacancy of Senior Project / Strategic Buyer?
Are you enthusiastic about the vacancy or do you have any questions? Click on the button ‘Apply now’ and maybe we drink a (digital) coffee together soon!
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated