Date: October 6 2021
Function type: sales
Proton Ventures is an independent engineering company operating in the chemical industry. We provide innovative engineering and turnkey solutions for world-scale storage terminals, decentralized ammonia production units and other related process applications. We strive to be a key player in decentralized chemical energy storage, making renewable energy accessible to everyone. As a technological innovator, we enable our global partners to benefit from our safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally responsible solutions. We offer innovative applications in terminal concepts, NFuel and Utilities, as well as consulting and services in the field of engineering, procurement and cost calculation for turnkey projects.
What you’ll do:
As a Business Developer, you are responsible for developing the entire green ammonia value chain for a specific geographic region. You focus on the main building blocks of the value chain, which are Renewable Power Generation, Hydrogen/Ammonia Production, Transportation, Cracking, and Offtake by end users, working on a project development basis.
Since we rely on you to help us expand our business, you keep a close eye on (new) trends and developments in the market in order to identify new opportunities and formulate a strategic response. You are our communication link between the business and the stakeholders in the value chain, including local authorities, business relations and prospect customers, all with an eye to developing our operations. Because you love networking, you also represent Proton Ventures at tradeshows, conferences, exhibitions, and other events.
What we offer you:
As an independent company within the Koolen Industries Group, Proton Ventures offers an environment in which you and your colleagues work towards shared goals. Our employees are important to us as individuals and team players, with technology achieving results for, by and with people. As colleagues, we are uncompromising in our willingness to collaborate and support one another. We share responsibility at all levels to ensure our company’s success.
Proton Ventures offers you the opportunity to grow, evolve and collaborate in making our energy and agricultural industries more sustainable and more.
As a project developer, you will:
- Be responsible for developing new and existing relationships with value chain stakeholders, including (local) authorities, prospects and partners
- Represent our business professionally and reliably
- Coordinate support with Product Managers, Technical Sales and Operations
- Become an expert on the subject matter, proposing creative total solutions to our value chain stakeholders, and remain up to date on industry news/trends
- Have a consulting role towards the management with regard to (new) information and developments
- Develop, maintain and evaluate an annual business development plan with SMART KPIs
- Provide input for the business strategy on the basis of market and customer intelligence
Your tasks will include:
- Identifying and developing new opportunities and markets
- Spotting market trends and incorporating them into new propositions
- Formulating a strategy to approach and enter new markets
- Generating new leads
- Following up on leads generated through marketing activities
- Maintaining and expanding the value chain stakeholder portfolio
Your education/work experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related project development field
- Experience in international B2B sales, as well as skills related to strategic analysis and development.
- Proven experience (minimum 5 years) in a similar project development business
What more we would like you to bring to the table:
- Innovative and problem-solving skills, including a talent to develop and propose solutions tailored to our customers
- English proficiency: speak and write English at a professional level. Proficiency in languages local to your region are a plus
- Thorough insight of the industry, which you will develop to become an expert on the subject matter
- You must be willing to travel internationally
- And have an affinity for financial structuring (e.g. JV and BOOT)