Date: September 14 2023
Contract hours: 40
Function type: Engineering
Proton Ventures is an independent engineering company operating in the chemical industry. We provide innovative engineering and turnkey solutions for world-scale storage terminals, decentralized ammonia production units and other related process applications. We strive to be a key player in decentralized chemical energy storage, making renewable energy accessible to everyone. As a technological innovator, we enable our global partners to benefit from our safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally responsible solutions. We offer innovative applications in terminal concepts, NFuel and Utilities, as well as consulting and services in the field of engineering, procurement and cost calculation for turnkey projects.
As Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing process design of chemical processes in our multi-disciplinary and international team. You will execute project deliverables ensuring technical integrity and accuracy in the indicated timeframe. You will provide inputs and assistance to other engineering disciplines.
What we offer you:
As an independent company within the Koolen Industries Group, Proton Ventures offers an environment in which you and your colleagues work towards shared goals. Our employees are important to us as individuals and team players, using technology to achieve results for, by and with people. As colleagues, we are uncompromising in our willingness to collaborate and support one another. We share responsibility at all levels to ensure our company’s success.
Oliver Westerman, Process Engineer: I enjoy working at Proton Ventures for its dynamic working environment, broad exposure across the chemical process industry, and the traveling opportunities.
Proton Ventures offers you the opportunity to grow, evolve and collaborate in making our energy and fertilizer industries more sustainable.
As a Process Engineer you:
- Execute and review process-related documents;
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Provide inputs to other engineering departments;
- Manage communication with suppliers;
- Provide assistance to project manager;
- Participate in HAZOP’s, layout & 3D model review meetings, and plant commissioning;
- Report to the discipline head.
Your tasks will include:
- Performing feasibility studies;
- Developing basis of design in cooperation with the client;
- Preparing PFDs, P&IDs and process description;
- Performing heat and mass balance, line sizing and emission calculation;
- Sizing and selecting main process equipment (pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, vessels, tanks, reactors);
- Developing Equipment/ Instruments Datasheet and RFQs;
- Reviewing vendor’s technical documentation and ensure technical integrity;
- Preparing Cause & Effect Diagrams, Process Safeguarding documentation and Design Philosophies;
- Performing safety and control valve calculation;
- Preparing operation manual.
Your education/work experience:
- BSc/MSc. degree in Chemical or Process Engineering;
- Experienced in a comparable field of work;
- Knowledge of the main process engineering software (Aspen Hysys, Aspen Plus, Autocad);
- Interest in renewable energy and energy transition;
- Able to organize and prioritize your workload;
- Experience in start-up & commissioning is a plus;
- VCA-VOL is a plus.
- Knowledge of international standards applicable to the chemical and processing industry, such as API, ISO, ASME, IEC, PGS, etc. is a plus
- Ability to speak and write in English at a professional level
Pratik Basarkar, Process Engineer: At Proton Ventures, you are a part of all phases of the project: from concept, design, procurement and finally, plant commissioning and start-up, which is excellent for your overall development. I like the international environment, which fosters innovation and that no two working days are the same.
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy and do you meet the requirements? Click on the button ‘Apply now’ and we will contact you as soon as possible!
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated