Lead Process Engineer
Date: November 1 2021
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /data/sites/web/protonventurescom/www/wp-content/themes/flatsome-child/single-vacancy.php on line 38
Proton Ventures is an independent engineering company operating in the chemical industry. We provide innovative engineering and turnkey solutions for world-scale storage terminals, decentralized ammonia production units and other related process applications. We strive to be a key player in decentralized chemical energy storage, making renewable energy accessible to everyone. As a technological innovator, we enable our global partners to benefit from our safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally responsible solutions. We offer innovative applications in terminal concepts, NFuel and Utilities, as well as consulting and services in the field of engineering, procurement and cost calculation for turnkey projects.
What you’ll do:
As Lead Process Engineer, you will be responsible for stirring, coordinating and approving the design, implementation, and optimization of chemical processes in our multi-disciplinary and international team. You will coordinate the process team to execute the project deliverables ensuring technical integrity by the indicated timeframe and provide inputs and assistance to other engineering department.
What we offer you:
As an independent company within the Koolen Industries Group, Proton Ventures offers an environment in which you and your colleagues work towards shared goals. Our employees are important to us as individuals and team players, using technology to achieve results for, by and with people. As colleagues, we are uncompromising in our willingness to collaborate and support one another. We share responsibility at all levels to ensure our company’s success.
Proton Ventures offers you the opportunity to grow, evolve and collaborate in making our energy and agricultural industries more sustainable and more.
As a Lead Process Engineer, you will:
- Coordinate the process department
- Direct and provide guidance for the design of chemical processes
- Execute and review process-related documents
- Provide inputs to other engineering departments
- Manage communication with suppliers
- Contribute to build up knowledge and innovation in the engineering department
- Preparation of discipline hour estimate and resource and activity planning
- Act as consultant and mentor to less experienced engineers to ensure knowledge transfer and application of best engineering practices
- Report to the department head
You have the following skills and profile:
- Capable of managing a small team of process engineer (typically 2-3 engineers/designers)
- Preparing and/or reviewing PFDs, P&IDs, Equipment Datasheet, Instruments Datasheet, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Process Safeguarding documentation and Design Philosophies.
- Sizing and selecting main process equipment (pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, reactors)
- Good interface knowledge with related engineering disciplines, i.e. Piping, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Electrical, HSE.
- Leading/attending design review meeting and participate in HAZOP, layout and 3D model review meeting (HazOp chairing is an add on)
- Interest in renewable energy and energy transition
- Ambition and drive to become an expert on the subject matter
- Able to organize and prioritize yours and your team workload
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in verbal and written communication
Your education/work experience:
- MSc. degree in Chemical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in a comparable field of work
- Experienced with relevant international standards applicable to the chemical and processing industry, such as API, ISO, ASME, IEC, PGS, etc.
- Experience in start-up & commissioning is a plus
- VCA-VOL is a plusKnowledge of the main process engineering software (Aspen Hysys, Aspen Plus, Autocad)
- Appointment to the next seniority level is decided by management and not automatically relating to the years of experience or employment.
- Initial employment is based on maximum of two consecutive fixed term contracts.
- After a maximum of two years and based on proper functioning, the employee is eligible to a permanent contract (without a defined fixed term), however per the discretion of the management.